Health and Safety Reopening Plan
2021-2022 School Year
- Staggered Start/End Times for classes 9:00am – 11:30pm for 4 year-olds, 9:15am-11:45pm for 3 year-olds
- Social distancing protocol will be followed for all classes
- Individual sets of materials/supplies for each student
- No family style eating, each student will bring their own snack and water
- Hand washing upon arrival, after recess, before eating and teacher will ensure the proper handwashing after use of the restroom
- We will use cohort groupings for students
- Teachers will wear masks when they can not social distance from children and each other.
- We will spend as much time as possible outdoors while the weather allows, and air out the building often.
- Following proper building sanitation guidelines from Department of Health
- We have purchased a sprayer to disinfect toys and common areas. The spray we will use is EPA and FDA approved to be 200 times more effective than bleach, yet non-toxic and non-irritating. This cleaner is an EPA List-N cleaner approved against Covid-19, and is 70-80 times more efficient at killing microbial pathogens than chlorine bleach, yet even if it was accidently ingested it is completely harmless. This disinfectant is produced through a generator using vinegar, water, and table salt! It has been successfully tested against viruses, fungus, mold, and bacteria.
- If someone at our school becomes sick or shows symptoms of illness we will follow all the recommended CDC and Department of Health Guidelines
- Set isolation area for any child that becomes sick during the school day while they wait to be picked up
- If schools are closed by the state, we will provide continuity of learning through Google Classroom, the See Saw Curriculum, and packets.